We aim to apply a living green ethos to our hotel through environmentally-friendly, sustainable, resource-saving practices. We recycle a significant amount of our waste, generate solar thermal power, as well as making use of energy- and water-wise devices. A grey water treatment plant provides for the flushing of lavatories, and this has the capacity to reduce our consumption by 3 000 litres. learn more
We actively source producers of local, eco-safe and ethically produced goods. We are also Fair Trade certified, are responsible employers and involved members of our communities.
We invite you to join us on our sustainable journey and request that you use the resources of our beautiful town with care. We live in a water scarce region and ask that you keep showers short and follow the other tips you will find in your bathroom and around the hotel and help us do our bit to conserve this precious resource.
The City of Cape Town has amended the water restriction guidelines to level 5 (1 October 2018). Personal water consumption has been increased to 70 litres per person per day see more info here:
We will make it easy for you to save water during your stay with us. Simply follow these tips:
- Close taps when soaping hands, shaving or brushing teeth.
- Place the bucket provided in the shower when showering. We recycle the excess water it collects.
- Reduce your time in the shower by making use of the shower timer in your bathroom. A shower uses 15 -18 litres per minute.
- Reuse your towels and linen to reduce laundry requirements. We will only wash towels we find in the bath and if you are staying for more than a week, we will change your bed linen on the fourth morning.
- Use the hand sanitizer dispensers instead of washing your hands with water.