New COVID-19 hotel procedures
You can expect to see evolved COVID-19 procedures in every area of the hotel.
- On arrival:You will be asked to sanitise hands, shoes and luggage before proceeding to the reception desk.
- Reception:Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, hand sanitiser stations, sanitised registration and key-cards, paperless check-out, temperature check and health questionnaire on arrival and throughout stay.
- Guest Rooms:Reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, cleaning and disinfection procedures displayed in each room, advanced cleaning products effective against viruses are used to deep clean guest rooms before check-in, during the stay if requested, and after departure using vapour mist disinfection foggers. De-cluttering and removal of unnecessary in-room items (e.g. scatter cushions/throws). Extra blanket stored in the cupboard in a sealed plastic bag.
- Public Areas:Social distancing and the wearing of masks observed in all public areas and when interacting with staff. Increased frequency and deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, hand sanitisers available in all public areas.
- Food & Beverage:New standards and service approach to room service and catering including the removal of buffets.
- Staff: Enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and comprehensive hygiene and prevention training programs for all team members. Careful attention to back-of-house areas, including staff entrances, lockers, laundry and offices. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (i.e. masks, visors and gloves) for all staff as appropriate including housekeeping and kitchen team members.
- Hand sanitiser: Dispensers — touchless whenever possible — placed at all guest and employee entrances, and in other contact and public areas throughout the hotel.
- Front-of-house signage: Health and hygiene reminders including reminders to socially distance and wear masks.
- Non-resident guests: Please make prior arrangement with the hotel for any non-staying guest visits.
While the travel environment is changing and our service offering will be different to comply with the Disaster Management Act, we want to assure you that our commitment to making your stay as comfortable as possible remains the same.
New arrival procedures
On arrival at our hotel, the following procedure will help prepare you for our new arrival protocols.
- All visitors will pass through vapour mist disinfection fogger stations at the hotel entrance;
- Security personnel will assist you with sanitising your shoes;
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded;
- Your hands will be sanitised, and your luggage will be sanitised;
- Once this is complete, you will proceed to check-in at the reception desk;
- Please note that all persons entering the premises are required to wear a face mask;
- Letter/proof of permitted business travel if travelling from another Province.
Given the ongoing and evolving global uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus, we are offering our guests stress-free flexibility during this challenging time. All guests with reservations who need to change or cancel their booking may do so at no charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Stellenbosch Ready – The Currency of Trust
Oude Werf is certified “Stellenbosch Ready” – endorsed by WTTC and TBCSA. We conform to the health and safety protocols, provide a safe and secure environment and have flexible booking terms.
For the latest information on Covid-19 in South Africa, please find alerts and updates here: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/