Petousis Group – Vaccination policy
We have a duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace that is free of known hazards.
In October 2021, we adopted a vaccination policy for all of our employees, with a vaccine deadline for the 30th November 2021.
We are committed to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our guests, visitors, suppliers, and the community at large from COVID-19.
You can expect to see evolved COVID-19 procedures in every area of the hotel.
- Reception:Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, hand sanitiser stations, sanitised registration and key-cards, paperless check-out, temperature check and health questionnaire on arrival and throughout stay.
- Guest Rooms:Reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, cleaning and disinfection procedures displayed in each room, advanced cleaning products effective against viruses are used to deep clean guest rooms before check-in, during the stay if requested, and after departure using vapour mist disinfection foggers.
- Public Areas:Social distancing and the wearing of masks observed in all public areas and when interacting with staff. Increased frequency and deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, hand sanitisers available in all public areas.
- Food & Beverage:New standards and service approach to room service and catering including the removal of buffets.
- Staff: Enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and comprehensive hygiene and prevention training programs for all team members. Careful attention to back-of-house areas, including staff entrances, lockers, laundry and offices. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all staff as appropriate including housekeeping and kitchen team members.
- Hand sanitiser: Dispensers — touchless whenever possible — placed at all guest and employee entrances, and in other contact and public areas throughout the hotel.
- Front-of-house signage: Health and hygiene reminders including reminders to socially distance and wear masks.
While the travel environment is changing and our service offering will be different to comply with the Disaster Management Act, we want to assure you that our commitment to making your stay as comfortable as possible remains the same.
On arrival at our hotel, the following procedure will help prepare you for our new arrival protocols.
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded;
- Once this is complete, you will proceed to check-in at the reception desk;
- Please note that all persons entering the premises are required to wear a face mask;
For the latest information on Covid-19 in South Africa, please find alerts and updates here: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/